A Career As a Radiology Technician

EMT, Radiology Tech, ECG Tech - career options and education discussion.

Moderator: CaribMD

Re: A Career As a Radiology Technician

Postby mariahbb » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:37 am

I have been an x-ray tech for 12 years and I grade this career as highly rewarding. I started as an x-ray technician but had particular interest in MRI so I took the needed courses over 3 year period and became a fulltime MRI technologist some 8 years ago. I never looked back.

This profession is very high in demand and jobs are plenty assuming you graduate from an accredited school.
mariahbb

Postby laura27 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:26 am

I have many friends working in the health care industry. Some of them are radiology technicians. Their salaries are quite attractive. I really think it is a very smart decision for one to pursue a career as a radiology technician. However, if you want to get a good salary within a shorter study period, ultrasound technician education is more suitable. It is my personal opinion. :)
laura27

Postby MissMelissRoths03 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:26 pm

cookesus wrote:According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for x-ray technicians is expected to grow by 34 percent from 2008 to 2018. The starting salaries of medical assistants may average around $25,300 a year and may include benefits such as major insurance coverage. Assuming you have done your course through an accredited college, you should not have a problem finding a job.

Why is growth for x-ray techs projected? Just curious...
MissMelissRoths03

Postby cameronransom » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:56 pm

Since the population in the U.S. as a whole is aging.. the boomers are getting older and they are falling down, breaking their hips and need x-rays. More and more healthcare is going to needed. That's why [url="http://x-ray-technician-salary.org/"]x-ray technician salaries and jobs[/url] are going to grow.
cameronransom

Postby RadiologyTechnician » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:45 am

I think become a radiology technologist is a great decision and the salary of radiology technician is very attractive - $65k per year, almost $5,500 per month :?
RadiologyTechnician

Previous | Next

Return to Health Technicians