Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences

Postby Tetzsc » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:47 pm

Does anyone know much about this school or know anybody attending it? I know they are very new, maybe not even having graduated a class yet? Any info is much appreciated.
Tetzsc
Scutophile
Scutophile

Re: Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences

Postby TigressDO » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:15 pm

Hey,

I'm not an expert by any means, but I'm currently applying to this school and am very interested in it, so I figure maybe I can share my enthusiasm with you.

PNWU-COM admitted their first class in 2008, so no, they have not graduated a class yet. However, a DO I trust immensely has close connections with the school, and he says it is a fantastic school. They do favor PNW students, and I read on their site for your 3rd and 4th year rotations, they try to place you where your family is in the PNW. Many great professors from the other DO schools are now currently teaching at PNWU. If you want more info, check out their website or visit the Student Doctor Network. There's a forum specifically for each of the DO schools, and you can find out more information. Let me know if you have any other questions, although I may not have the answer... :D
TigressDO

Re: Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences

Postby Enot » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:06 am

I too have heard very good things about them.

They presented at my school. I had to work, but my classmates were very exited about them. I think they welcome people from all over, not just WA.
Enot
Gunner
Gunner

Return to Osteopathic Medicine (DO)