Quick Poll - Sciences at Community College or University

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

Did you take your Sciences at Community College, or University, or Both?

University
50%
Community College
20%
Both
30%

Total votes : 10

Quick Poll - Sciences at Community College or University

Postby thomasfx10 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:09 pm

This Poll is for those that have been accepted into medical school. Did you take your sciences (Chem. 1-2, Org. 1-2, Bio 1-2, 1-2) at an university, community college, or both? Please respond in this quick poll.

I know the preferable route would be an university, however sometimes due to location and finances that is not always viable. I have my BS, but I still need to take all my sciences. Due to location and finances, I am looking at a community college.

Thanks!

Thomas
thomasfx10
Gunner
Gunner

Re: Quick Poll - Sciences at Community College or University

Postby sandyrochard » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:50 am

Hi Thomasfx,
I just read out the post,i definitely go with the university,there is a lot of benefit regarding that.
sandyrochard

Postby elxr06 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:50 pm

You need letters of recommendations from professors and so the 4 year university professor giving you a good letter of rec is definitely much better than a community college.

You'll definitely need the bachelor's degree at most, if not all medical schools in the U.S. (if I'm not mistaken) so university would help a lot.
elxr06
Jr. House Staff
Jr. House Staff

Postby tc13 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:37 am

As a med student and someone who has helped interview med school applicants- there is no question that basic science courses should be taken at a university if at all possible. Med schools will see community college courses (especially pre-req courses) as big red flags.
tc13

Return to Osteopathic Medicine (DO)