CHANCES WITH THIS GPA/MCAT

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

CHANCES WITH THIS GPA/MCAT

Postby juan_manuel36 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:52 pm

Hello everybody,I have the following inquiry: I graduated with a bachelor in Chemistry, 3.75GPA, 23O MCAT; I have done a lot of volunteering and shadowing. Any chance of getting into DO schools?? I havent submitted my application yet, is it too late ?? Any honest advice would be welcomed.

Thank you
juan_manuel36

Re: CHANCES WITH THIS GPA/MCAT

Postby tramflap » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:16 am

You should apply right now. The sooner you apply, the better a shot you have. Your GPA is great, and your MCAT is only 2-3 points below the average matriculant score, so you are in great shape. Apply broadly, and I don't think you will have a problem. Worst case scenario, you don't get in this year (I'd be surprised if that were to happen, assuming you don't have any major personality flaws). Your MCAT seems to be the weakest part of your application, but it is not that bad at all. If you end up having to re-apply, then work on your MCAT score and do some shadowing.

Apply as soon as you can, and apply broadly. You have a great shot, but you won't get in if you don't apply.
Good Luck.
tramflap
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby juan_manuel36 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:13 pm

I just finished submitting my application, I applied to 12 DO schools; hopefully AACOMAS gets to process it quickly and makes it available to the schools. I have noted that some of the schools I applied to required a letter from a DO physician which at this moment I dont have it, but anyways I am gonna start looking to shadow any DO.

Thank you
juan_manuel36

Postby templexc » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:02 pm

wow you and i are like the same person I just applied with a 3.6 and a 26R and as do not have a letter of rec from a DO. that just weired me out lol.
templexc
Gunner
Gunner

Postby juan_manuel36 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:30 pm

I am gonna start shadowing a DO physician, I start on monday; If you don't mind asking how many schools did you apply to ? does AACOMAS takes a long time to process the transcripts or is it just mine that are taking too long? because the registrar office at my school sent my transcripts last wednesday and still I havent gotten any news of their arrival.
juan_manuel36

Next

Return to Osteopathic Medicine (DO)