Concerned about my chances

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

Concerned about my chances

Postby Bizty » Sun May 24, 2009 8:19 am

I am new to this website and hoping some one would give me an advice. I have 3.34GPA with Bio major and MCAT score of 24Q, have an year of volunteering, clinical and research experiences, shadowed a DO, good recommendation letters. I used the tool, it gave about 3 DO schools in "Green or Blue" font status , this means I have good chance of getting into some DO schools but I am really not sure how accurate is this tool. Please advice on my chances of getting into any DO school.
Bizty

Re: Concerned about my chances

Postby tramflap » Sun May 24, 2009 4:36 pm

Don't let those tools fool you. Your stats are pretty good, so all you can do is try. Too many people get caught up in the "am I good enough" state, and there is no point to that. Apply broadly, and you should have good luck. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
tramflap
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby CaribMD » Sat May 30, 2009 6:45 pm

Bizty wrote:I am new to this website and hoping some one would give me an advice. I have 3.34GPA with Bio major and MCAT score of 24Q, have an year of volunteering, clinical and research experiences, shadowed a DO, good recommendation letters. I used the tool, it gave about 3 DO schools in "Green or Blue" font status , this means I have good chance of getting into some DO schools but I am really not sure how accurate is this tool. Please advice on my chances of getting into any DO school.

The 24 is a little Low for DO, the low side is around 26

Should you apply? Up to you, I think you may have a shot at DO sure but I would apply to both DO and Caribbean 3 then you will be going to medical school no matter what!

Your Stats are good otherwise.

you may want to retake the MCAT too if you only want DO and do not get in , but really Caribbean is a good too.

Up to you you have choices!

Only retake the MCAT if getting 30 or better on practice.

Good Luck :wink:
CaribMD
The One
The One

Postby tramflap » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:44 pm

I disagree, the AVERAGE is around 25-26, so apply. You never know until you try.
tramflap
Scutophile
Scutophile

Return to Osteopathic Medicine (DO)