Jhtran newest studentdoc moderator

Jhtran newest studentdoc moderator

Postby Adminnaoum » Mon May 04, 2009 10:09 pm

It's a pleasure to welcome jhtran as the newest moderator at studentdoc.

graduated from the University of Houston with a Bachelor of Science in Biology with Summa Cum Laude. Licensed and volunteered as an EMT for almost two years prior to being accepted to AUC. I've also been accepted to SGU, ROSS, and TCOM (Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine), and is currently attending AUC as a 2nd semester students.

It's also time to thank our outgoing moderators hotdog and ashish_padnani for their service - they've worked hard to help this community and we are grateful to them.

Thanks!
drnaoum
Adminnaoum
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Jhtran newest studentdoc moderator

Postby jhtran » Tue May 05, 2009 2:50 am

Hi guys,

I am very honored to be a moderator for StudentDoc.

As a current student, I understand the hardships and frustrations that one must endure through his or her entire educational period to achieve the ultimate dream of being a doctor, which undoubtedly is one of the most, if not the most, highly respected profession in the world.

Believe me and I say that this arduous task will be following you after the acceptance letter, basic science, clerkship, and residency. However, that is why all of us are here - to lend a word of advice, a personal comment, an a motivational line in your time of doubt.

I believe in realistic chance, and I believe that everything that happened has happened for a very specific reason. Depending on how you see it, that reason can be a sign to give up your dream and pursue another goal or it could be a temporary road-block to test your determination and courage. I am NOT a mind-reader, NOT a dream-interpreter, and definitely NOT a fortune teller. However, I could offer advices on the the decisions which you have to commit to, the changes that you have to make, and the possibilities which you might not notice.

I reply to messages better in the forum since I believe others could benefit from it a well. If there is a private issue which you need to ask, please PM me and allow 24hours for a reply.

One IMPORTANT issue which I would like to conclude with is controversies. I am not here to put anyone down or intentionally guide anyone to the wrong path. IF there is any comments or disagreements to my post, PLEASE post your opinion in a constructive manner. IF something is unclear, please ask for clarification, evidence, or the source which I base my answer upon. I will always be glad to answer when asked, since this is not a research paper and not everything I say is required to be cited.

Thank you,

jhtran
jhtran
Jr. House Staff
Jr. House Staff

Postby CaribMD » Tue May 05, 2009 11:57 pm

Welcome!
CaribMD
The One
The One