RN/Paramedic to MD?

EMT, Radiology Tech, ECG Tech - career options and education discussion.

Moderator: CaribMD

RN/Paramedic to MD?

Postby aeromed » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:49 pm

I am looking for some outside input on career path choices. I am currently a paramedic (10 years) and will be an RN in May (ADN). My healthcare experience is primarly critical care based (8 years flight paramedic and certified in critical care). I am lacking organic and just now finishing inorganic II. All of my education aside from paramedic training has been online through both cc and univ. I am considering a plan to make me a good candidate for MD, US or carib. Studying for MCAT (great test taker), GPA 3.3. I will have 90 semesters hrs, but no bachelors. Wondering about a BSN. Any thoughts will be appreciated.
aeromed

Re: RN/Paramedic to MD?

Postby CaribMD » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:47 pm

I posted to you in the nontrads.
CaribMD
The One
The One

Postby Online Pharmacy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:52 am

HI,there! I have been told that Baltimore Country Community collage- Essex will be offering the bridge program this fall
I'm also a paramedic & will graduate in a few weeks from the RN program from this college.They were supposed to start the bridge program when I started my actual "nursing" classes back in Fall of '04, but it did't get off the ground, so I just went into the regular nursing program.
One of my RN instructors told me the bridge program WILL start Fall of '06.You are required to have all the pre-req's before starting the bridge program though.
Let me know if you need any further info. & good luck!
Online Pharmacy

Postby CaribMD » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:40 pm

Online Pharmacy wrote:HI,there! I have been told that Baltimore Country Community collage- Essex will be offering the bridge program this fall
I'm also a paramedic & will graduate in a few weeks from the RN program from this college.They were supposed to start the bridge program when I started my actual "nursing" classes back in Fall of '04, but it did't get off the ground, so I just went into the regular nursing program.
One of my RN instructors told me the bridge program WILL start Fall of '06.You are required to have all the pre-req's before starting the bridge program though.
Let me know if you need any further info. & good luck!

I'm a AACC grad from the 80's unless thing have changed I felt that there was a high level taught to us in those programs, that we make strong RN's

how many pre reqs?

As you know I went the MD route. The bridge programs here in the south do not require the prereqs and you start right away.
CaribMD
The One
The One

Return to Health Technicians