Recommendation Letter Examples

Preparing and applying for medical school.

Sponsored by the Premed Status Report. Analyzes over 20 variables to estimate your chances of getting into medical school.

Moderators: cheechootrain, Vonsmack, AL_emt

Recommendation Letter Examples

Postby MiaBaby » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:23 pm

One of my references is from the UK, and has never written a recommendation for US med school before. She was wondering if I had an example of a good letter for her to see. I can find lots of guidlines and stuff, but I can't seem to find any good example letters. Does anyone know where I might find such a thing?
MiaBaby

Postby krust3 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:23 pm

the writer should clearly describe his/her relationship with you, what interactions you had, etc.

then they should comment on several of your strengths that would make you an excellent physician. for example: desire to be a doc, compassion, leadership capabilities, academic skills, work ethic, etc.

it should be about a page long.

the more personalized it is the better.
krust3
Premed Moderator
Premed Moderator

Postby MiaBaby » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:16 am

Thanks, that's helpful. But actually I'm not having any trouble describing the letter, I just wanted to show her an example. You know, of the "John Doe" variety...

It is easy to find examples of other types of reference letters online, but for some reason it is difficult to find medical school recommendations. Anyone who knows of a link to some generic example letters, please let me know!
MiaBaby

Postby mdille2 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:00 am

Try this..It is not exactly a whole letter but has many parts and good recomendations too.
Marcia
http://www.accepted.com/medical/LettersRec.aspx
mdille2
Premed Moderator
Premed Moderator

Re: Recommendation Letter Examples

Postby billbill » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:29 am

Hi, mdille2! Great sample; bold and clear. Thanks for sharing! :D
billbill

Next

Return to Premed Forum