Student Doc Forum

MCAT Forum | USMLE Forum

Da Bears and other important distractions...

Are there any more scholarships left for highschool seniors?

Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:40 pm

Are there any more scholarships left for high school seniors?
I'm a senior in a high school in the state of Texas and will be graduating June 6, 2009. Almost all of the scholarship application deadlines were in last year of October, December, and this year of March 1st. So basically I've missed so many scholarship opportunities because I've been working on applying to actual universities, I've applied to eight already. For scholarships, I've only applied to two of them, both offering me 500$, so that's 1000$ in total. Not nearly enough to go to even my local university, 1 class is approximately 700$ I am planning to go to UT Austin in Spring 2010 but I'm really late and therefore missed the presidential scholarship, and I cannot reapply since I'm already going to graduate. So, is there any other scholarship opportunities anywhere else that I can still apply to and perhaps use for going to UT Austin or my local university? Thanks, and please help my financial crisis. I plan to get a BS degree in Biology and I need as much money as possible because my parents are nearly going broke trying to pay for surgery bills for my dog, they wont have enough money to assist me. I'm going to be a full-time student and wont have as much time to work and to do community hours as I really need to in order to get admitted into medical school. So nothing is working out right now for me, but if you can find anymore scholarship opportunities I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.