Boyfriend likely moving for fellowship

Da Bears and other important distractions...

Moderators: Adminnaoum, flipsoid

Boyfriend likely moving for fellowship

Postby HazelHH808 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:49 am

Hi all.

I wanted to get some advice as most people I know do not understand the situation around dating a resident. Therefore, it’s hard to talk to them about this.

I am dating a 3rd year resident and he has 2 more years to go. We’ve been dating for 8 months. As some of you understand, this is not a normal relationship. We do see each other often, but it is not the same as having week nights or weekends off to relax and hang out. Most of the times, he is working or on call. If he is not working, he’s doing projects, presentations, papers, etc. Til this day, I think we’ve had only one full weekend off together. Taking our first vacation together later this month 8)

The reason I say all this is that our relationship has taken longer to develop. From the beginning, he told me he wants this relationship to work and he has put in a lot of effort. We haven’t said I love you yet but I do :) and I care for him deeply. 

He’s applying for fellowships in the next few months. He’s mentioned it to me once or twice but I was trying to act cool about it (since it is 2 years away). He will likely not stay in the current city we live in. I’ve invested a lot of time into this relationship and I want it to work also. I do not want a long distance relationship and I am willing to move for him. If he’s leaving to another city for his fellowship in two years without me, I do not want to invest any more time in this relationship. :(

Question is….. Do I say something to him now? Is it too soon for me to say anything? What do I say?
HazelHH808

Re: Boyfriend likely moving for fellowship

Postby Adak71 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:32 am

Did you solve your problem?
Adak71

Return to OT - Off topic discussions