Student Doc Forum

MCAT Forum | USMLE Forum

Re: Tell us what you like

Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:11 am

Thanks for your feedback.

On becoming a moderator: Studentdoc moderators are devoted bunch, and they are asked to become moderators based on their experience, the quality of their input, and their willingness serve.

When a moderator spot opens up we go to our list of active members who have inquired about becoming a moderator. We usually select moderators from this group.

If anyone is interested in being a moderator when positions open, please PM me.

drn

Thu May 14, 2009 1:19 am

How'd I get here?

Google.

Why did I stay?

I enjoy it (most of the time) and needed a place to vent with people in similar situations during the application process.

Did something about the site delay you from registering or from feeling comfortable on the forum?

Na, I like arguing/discussion. That's what life is about right?

Anything else you guys should know?

Woke up this morning.....gotta blue moon in your eye.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:43 am

Can you help by answering a few simple questions?
YES

Part 1. How did you get to studentdoc?
- Did you hear about it from a friend or find it through a search engine?
GOOGLE

- Did you arrive straight at the forum or at another page on the site?
GOOGLE

Part 2. Why did you stay?
- Why did you register to post on this forum?
NEEDED ADVICE ON LIFE

- Did something about the site delay you from registering or from feeling comfortable on the forum?
NO. THE FORMAT IS SIMPLE AND EASY. EVERYTHING WAS STRAIGHT FOWARD.

Part 3. Anything else we should know?
I LIKE THE FORUMS AND THAT ITS NICE TO HEAR ADVICE FROM MULTIPLE PERSPECTIVES. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A FEATURE WHERE YOU CAN DELETE YOUR THREAD OR POST IF YOU DIDN'T WANT IT UP ANYMORE. OTHER THAN THAT, ITS COOL.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:31 am

1.) How did you get to studentdoc?

I was trying to find a site that would show me my chances of getting into schools with my MCAT scores and GPA. My dad actually found the site and told me that it was very good, so I browsed it and realized that he was definately not lying. I wish I found this site my freshman year of college....I would've been golden for med school by now lol. Luckily I am on the right track, but I swear if I would've found this site my FRESHMAN YEAR, life would've been so much easier, and I wouldn't have to go all over the place to find the answers that I was looking for.

2.) Why did you stay?

I stayed because I love this site's atmosphere. It is full of people that I can relate to because we all have our eyes set on similar goals. I have to say, this site's forums were a gigantic reason for why I stayed because the resources that are available to us through it are amazing. There are also very good influences on this site and the people are very realistic. They will tell you bluntly about what your chances are and what you need to do to improve your standing. So, in conclusion, I stayed because this site has a lot of great resources to offer up and coming doctors.

3.) Anything else we should know?

Umm, I guess you can know that this site is my homepage hahaa.

I wannna know who created this site and when?