Tue May 03, 2016 2:31 am
I made an overview of admission process at medical faculties in Central Europe (Košice, Martin, Bratislava are Slovak; Brno, Olomouc, Hradec Kralove, Prague, Pilsen are Czech) together with study programs and fees. Degree from these Faculties is internationally recognized thanks to Bologna process. In general, faculties offer study programs of General Medicine (6 years) and Dental Medicine (5 or 6 years) in English - one can meet students from all over the world there! :)
If you have any question or need help - I am available!
Good luck with your applications.
1. Faculty of Medicine – Pavel Jozef Šafarik University - Košice, Slovakia: Faculty of Medicine in Kosice was founded in 1948 and is located in the second biggest city of Slovakia. International students of medicine form around 30% of all students at Faculty. Košice has international airport, where e.g. Wizzair or Turkish Airlines have regular flights.
Entrance examination is written onfaculties_medicine_Slovakia_Czech_republic_entrance_examination 22nd of June 2016, extra termin is on 22nd of August 2016 (registration until 21th of June 2016 if you have agent). Questions at entrance examination are from databank.
Tuition fees: 10 500€ for General Medicine; 11 000€ for Dental Medicine
2. Faculty of Medicine – Commenius University - Bratislava, Slovakia: Faculty of Medicine in Bratislava is the oldest faculty in Slovakia and is located in the capital of Slovakia. Commenius University is among TOP 500 universities in the world.
Entrance examination is written on 27th and 28th of June 2016 (deadline for applications is until 27th of May 2016) and 18th and 19th of August 2016 (deadline for applications is until 29th of July 2016). Questions at entrance examination are from databank.
Tuition fees: 9000€ for General Medicine; 10000€ for Dental Medicine
3. Jessenius Faculty of Medicine – Commenius University - Martin, Slovakia: Jessenius Faculty of Medicine is one of the best faculties in the Central Europe. It is part of Commenius University, but acts as independent institutions. The Faculty also provides further education of health care professionals - specialized training, certification study programs and programs of continuing education.
Required documents must be sent to Mr. Krajcovic. Those, who meet selected criterias are invited for entrance examination. - There are given topics for entrance examination from each subject.
Tuition fees: 9 500€ for General Medicine
4. Faculty of Medicine – Masaryk University - Brno, Czech Republic: Faculty of Medicine in Brno is one of the most modern faculties in Central Europe. Its Campus has been built recently and provides students or scientists with extraordinary equipment and tools. There are many students from countries such as United Kingdom, Spain, Portugal or Poland, but also Japan, Thailand or Nigeria.
Entrance examination is taking place on 14th of May 2016 (registration until 30th of April 2016). There is a written examination test consisting of 4 areas: Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Mathematics. There is syllabus with themes available.
Tuition fees: 249 000 Kč (around 9200€) for General Medicine; 298 000 Kč (around 11037€) for Dental Medicine
5. Faculty of Medicine – Palacky University – Olomouc, Czech Republic: Faculty of Medicine in Olomouc was founded in 1947 as one of 4 established faculties of Palacky University. It is situated in Olomouc, beautiful city in central Moravia and center of Olomouc region.
Entrance examination takes place on 6th of June 2016 - there is need to pass an entrance examination taken in Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Mathematics. Level corresponds to the British A-levels.
Tuition fees: 10 000€ for General Medicine (6 years program); 11 800€ for Dental Medicine (5 years program)
6. Faculty of Medicine – Charles University - Hradec Králové, Czech Republic: Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Králové has been set-up in 1945 and is the oldest Faculty in eastern Bohemia. It is part of Charles University, which is the oldest university in Central Europe.
Entrance examination takes place on 18. May 2016 (application deadline until 11th of May 2016) – Entrance examination has form of written test from chemistry, biology, physics and mathematics and short oral interview.
Tuition fees: 310 000 Kč (around 11480€) for General Medicine; 340 000 kč (around 12600€) for Dental Medicine
7. Faculty of Medicine – Charles University- Pilsen, Czech Republic: Faculty of Medicine in Pilsen is part of Charles University, one of the oldest University in Europe. It was founded by Dr. Beneš, back in 1945 and evolved into prestigious and modern Faculty in region. Currently it has 2000 students, from which 500 students are international.
Entrance examination takes place on 8. June 2016 (deadline 20th of May 2016) - Entrance examination has form of mutliple choice test from chemistry, biology and physics.
Tuition fees: 260 000 Kč (around 9600€) for General medicine; 320 000 Kč (around 11800€) for Dental medicine
8. First Faculty of Medicine – Charles University – Prague, Czech Republic: First Faculty of Medicine is part of Charles University in Prague, capital of Czech Republic. It is one of the 4 genuine faculties of Charles university (that means from 1348!). There are more than 4500 students currently, which are organised in groups of 25. There is one teacher for every 3 students.
Entrance examination takes place on 10th of June 2016 or on 24th of June 2016. Entrance examination consists of written and oral examination. Written test is from biology, chemistry, physics or math.
Tuition fees: 335 000 Kč (round 12400€) for General medicine; 380 000 Kč (round 14000€) Dental medicine
9. Second Faculty of Medicine – Charles University – Prague, Czech Republic: Second Faculty of Medicine in Prague, is part of Charles University, one of the oldest Universities in Europe. It has residence in Motol, one of the most modern hospital in the Czech Republic, where students also attend their practicals.
There are 2 options for being accepted as student: a) SAT test in your own country b) written and oral test – 25. May (deadline 25. April 2016) and 1. July 2016 (deadline is 1. June 2016). Written test consists of biology, physics, chemistry or logic (4x 15 questions). Accepted students are invited for personal interview.
Tuition fees: 280 000 Kč (10370€) for General Medicine for 1st year and 310 000 Kč (around 11480€) for General Medicine in 2nd to 6th year
10. Third Faculty of medicine – Charles University – Prague, Czech Republic: Third Faculty of Medicine in Prague is part of Charles University. It is closely connected to history of Prague. for example, part of trainings and education is situated in teaching hospital Královské vinohrady, which was founded in 1902 by Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria. Furthermore, students have their classes in Institute of Endocrinology, Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Na Homolce Hospital, Sisters of Mercy of St. Charles Borromeo and others, wherestudents attend for practical training.
27. May 2016 (deadline 30. April 2016), 27. June 2016 (deadline 31. May 2016). There is an entrance examination from 2 parts: in first part, there is multiple choice test (30 questions from chemistry, biology and third test can be chosen between Physics and Mathematics) and interview.
Tuition fees: 330 000 Kč (around 12222€) for General medicine