D1 Athlete and Medical School

Preparing and applying for medical school.

Sponsored by the Premed Status Report. Analyzes over 20 variables to estimate your chances of getting into medical school.

Moderators: cheechootrain, Vonsmack, AL_emt

D1 Athlete and Medical School

Postby cke11 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:32 pm

Hey guys,

I just had a quick question. I was wondering what my chances are of getting into med school. I've been told various things about GPA/MCAT scores and I'm not really sure what to gauge off of. For example, I am a D1 soccer player, been awarded 1st team all-academic, 2nd team All conference, I'm a junior, 3.6 GPA 3.5 ScienceGPA, I do plenty of volunteering/research and I work a lot with kids because I want to be a pediatrician. Let me know what you guys think. I still have another year of college left to bump up my GPA, if need be, and I am planning on taking the MCAT after college because I would like to take a year off. How do you think I'm looking so far?
cke11

Re: D1 Athlete and Medical School

Postby CaribMD » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:29 pm

cke11 wrote:Hey guys,

I just had a quick question. I was wondering what my chances are of getting into med school. I've been told various things about GPA/MCAT scores and I'm not really sure what to gauge off of. For example, I am a D1 soccer player, been awarded 1st team all-academic, 2nd team All conference, I'm a junior, 3.6 GPA 3.5 ScienceGPA, I do plenty of volunteering/research and I work a lot with kids because I want to be a pediatrician. Let me know what you guys think. I still have another year of college left to bump up my GPA, if need be, and I am planning on taking the MCAT after college because I would like to take a year off. How do you think I'm looking so far?

Your application will depend on several important factors:
GPA
MCAT score ( how many times you took it)
Volunteer service
Other activities like Playing Soccer
Your Personal Statement ( this describes who you are and what you want to do in life and why)

GPA is great
Your volunteering sounds good
CaribMD
The One
The One

Postby andyson » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:46 pm

andyson

Postby Amy Turner » Wed May 10, 2017 5:21 am

Its good to see you have concrete plans ahead. GPA looks good coupled with voluntary activities..Good Luck!!
Amy Turner
Scutophile
Scutophile

Return to Premed Forum