MCAT Study Ideas

MCAT preparation and implications of MCAT scores.

Moderators: cheechootrain, CaribMD, AL_emt

Re: MCAT Study Ideas

Postby lefit » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:02 pm

I recommend a tutor if there is a specific area of struggle, such as CARS section or a specific physics topics. I think it's important to identify your weaknesses and if you cannot master them on your own (by doing mcat passages), then I would get a tutor, otherwise it's important to understand the mcat style. I learned a lot about MCAT from my classmate who is actually sharing her notes at mcatpdf.wordpress.com. She maybe able to give you advice.
lefit

Postby johnbooker159 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:41 pm

hello im also planing to preparetion of mcat,can you give some idea to how can i give my best for this
thank you :)
johnbooker159

Postby goldstandard_mcat » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:26 am

johnbooker159 wrote:hello im also planing to preparetion of mcat,can you give some idea to how can i give my best for this
thank you :)

Hello, I'm from Gold Standard MCAT and I'd like to share these tips:

1. Create your study schedule. In case you don't have a study schedule yet, here is a recommended 2-month and 3-month schedule https://www.mcat-prep.com/mcat-study-schedule/

2. Study your books/ebooks, videos and class notes

3. Do chapter review practice questions and full-length MCAT practice tests

4. Consolidate: create and review your brief notes; review notes daily as the exam approaches. For notes, here's a blog post on the 3 kinds of notes that you can make https://www.mcat-prep.com/mcat-blog/how ... -personal/

Good luck with your studies!
goldstandard_mcat
Gunner
Gunner

Postby Gabriella18 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:03 am

jasonwaton11 wrote:Hey, I need some help regarding MCAT. Bulk stack to gain muscle fast How to start preparing for this. If you have some tips then please share it with me.

Traditional reading comprehension skills are important, but the verbal section is called "Verbal Reasoning" for a reason. It goes above and beyond traditional reading comp. topics like main idea, tone and inference. I'm going to assume that you're already reading challenging material on a daily basis. Beyond that you can start gradually familiarizing yourself with the types of questions asked on the MCAT and reviewing the content. You might want to slowly start working through the review books like our MCAT Verbal Reasoning and Writing Review. However, you do not want to start burning through prep material prematurely. You want to build the underlying skills so you have a great foundation when the time comes to turn your attention to test prep (3-6 months before your test date).
Gabriella18

Postby steto19 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:21 pm

Do a lot of practice questions and mock tests. A LOT. This is the biggest thing. To supplement a good source to use is lecturio. Their vids are pretty solid and help with topics not understood or that need reinforcement.

Here is a link to one of their videos to exemplify what I wrote:
https://www.lecturio.com/medical-course ... tab/videos

cheers.
steto19

Previous | 

Return to MCAT Forum