Student Doc Forum

MCAT Forum | USMLE Forum

Student loan experts provide advice and support on medical student loan debt and repayment.

Re: Is Student Loan Consolidation A Scam?

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:58 am

It depends on the company or firm you applied your student loan, you must check it's good!

Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:29 am

Student loan consolidation is not a scam. It is almost the same as other types of debt consolidation except that federal student loans cannot usually be consolidated with other debts. Private student loans can be consolidated with other debt in some case – for example by rolling them into a home equity loan.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:21 pm

Just be careful, a lot of them are a scam.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:02 am

Not necessarily – make sure you look around before you make a decision. However, it is not true that all student loans are scam. Taking a student loan can help you get the degree you need to succeed professionally later in life. Some companies, can help you get a loan at a good rate.
Last edited by Adminnaoum on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove link building

Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:40 pm

They are not all scams. The companies, such as mine, see if you qualify and prepare the documents for you, as well as monitor your account each year and resubmit the paperwork if you still qualify. It is similar to paying someone to help with your taxes, though you can do it yourself.
One thing I do differently is I don't charge upfront fees, and I let you pay your fee over a years time. I trust you!