Student Doc Forum

MCAT Forum | USMLE Forum

For applicants who have been out of school for a few years, or are planning to have a family in medical school, or have other non-traditional qualities.

Re: is 47 too old to go to medical school?

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:24 am

Learning has no age barrier neither the amount of knowledge distributing has the barrier . One should only have passion to learn and give knowledge so age of 47 or 67 doesn't matter !

Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:32 pm

Thank you for your support. I have officially decided to pursue my passion by becoming a doctor. :D

Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:49 pm

47 is not too old, but you want to focus on doing well and accepting that your pay will be low for a few years.

I'm 51 currently and trying to get into s residency and I may be finally able to get into one with this year or by next, so a few more years of low pay but the pay off for the rest of my life is priceless because its want I want an love to do.

Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:38 pm

I love your encouragement. I am starting to make preparations for my premed studies now and I am very excited.

I know will get into a us residency because you've earned it. Can I ask you a question? What Caribbean medical school did you attend? And was the curriculum above average? That was one of my considerations. Is it worth it?

Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:32 pm

sb01 wrote:I love your encouragement. I am starting to make preparations for my premed studies now and I am very excited.

I know will get into a us residency because you've earned it. Can I ask you a question? What Caribbean medical school did you attend? And was the curriculum above average? That was one of my considerations. Is it worth it?

I went to both St. James and Aureus University of Medicine, Both have decent curriculums, Aureus had great 3rd and 4th year rotations some were in Baltimore MD.