5-Minute Clinical Consult for the PDA
Medical professionals needing an easy, but comprehensive, reference for diagnosing and treating patients have found 5MCC to be the answer they had been waiting for. In fact, this version of Griffith's 5-Minute Clinical Consult has been the best-selling handheld version since 1994. 5MCC contains facts for more than 1,000 medical and surgical conditions indexed by more than 7,500 terms and medications to help medical professionals find what they need quickly so they diagnose and treat their patients accurately without needless delays.
Each topic is organized for quick reference - it's the "pimping" information your attending is going to want to hear on morning rounds. This is not the Harrison's Internal Medicine version, but it gets you the basics quickly.
The 2009 edition of 5MCC includes even more topics, such as:
- Genetic Risk Assessment and BRCA Mutation Testing for Breast and Ovarian Cancer Susceptibility
- Overweight Children and Adolescents
- Screening for Obesity in Adults
- 77 U.S. Preventive Services Task Force guidelines on screening, counseling, immunizations, and chemoprophylaxis
- Comprehensive clinical resource with the most up-to-date information about the diagnosis, treatment, medications, follow-up, and associated conditions of the most common medical conditions.
- All topics are evidence-based and include cited evidence-based references.
- Expanded drug therapy sections in each topic and more alternative medicine information
- Revised, updated, evidence-based algorithms linked to relevant topics.
- New 25 topics include: ACL Injury, Alcohol Withdrawal, Bipolar II Disorder, Bunion, Corns and Calluses, Gambling Addiction, Ingrown Toenails, Transient Stress Cardiomyopathy and more.
- ICD-9-CM code index offers quick access to disease classification and coding data.
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force guidelines on screening, counseling, immunizations, and chemoprophylaxis
- The "Signs & Symptoms" index allows you to select from a checklist of comprehensive symptoms to quickly see a list of matching diagnoses.
Here's how to download the 5-Minute Clinical Consult onto PDA.
Additionally, Griffith's 5-Minute Clinical Consult includes an ICD-9-CM code index to make classifying and coding diseases simpler, an integrated calculator to make using specific medical formulas easier, and a sign and symptom index so medical professionals can quickly track down the cause of a patient's complaint.
Because this version of 5MCC is compatible with BlackBerry, iPhone/iPod Touch, Palm, Palm Pre Classic,Symbian, Pocket PC, Smartphone & Tablet PC, medical professionals can benefit from the wisdom and experience of the more than 330 clinicians who wrote Griffith's 5-Minute Clinical Consult whenever and wherever they need it. To learn more about other convenient software for medical professionals read Bakerman's ABC's of Interpretive Laboratory Data or Crush USMLE Step 3.
What excites you most about residency?
Med Student Posts
- Re: attempt in step1 - ajayan
- Re: Oceania university of medicine. - sophia
- Re: Laptop Computer - Leigh
- Re: Accepted and current Medical students Introduc... - ReturnToMed
- Discovering The Life of a Neurosurgeon - c_petitj